From casual jogger to die-hard running enthusiast, the Smiths Craft Beer House– Jacks Point Trail Run is suitable for runners from every ability level. The beautiful scenery is so distracting you might even forget you’re running… just watch out for trees! From Lake Wakatipu towards Walter and Cecil Peaks and down towards Kingston, let the magic of the Wakatipu basin make this Queenstown run the most spectacular! Choose from the fun ‘Snap Fitness 10k trail loop’ or the ‘Outside Sports 21k Half Marathon’ for a real challenge. There are no medals up for grabs, just some amazing spot prizes and a celebratory after-party at Smiths Craft Beer House. Grab your running shoes and some mates and head to the Jacks Point Trail Run for some serious fun!
Major Spot Prize for Locals
WIN Fresh Fruit & Vegetables delivered to your door every week for a year (Value =$2,600!!) thanks “Crisp”
Proudly a Dog Friendly event with support from the team at Dog Rescue Trust Queenstown
Photo’s : Jeremy @purepixel
Video thanks to Interrobang Motion Pictures and Outside Sports
Race Day : Saturday September 2nd 2017
Race Start : 10:30 am
Briefing : 10:00 am
Snap Fitness 10k
$38 online price only
Open Men and Women Categories only
Outside Sports 21k Half Marathon
$48 online price only
Open Male / Female 15-39 yrs
Veteran Male / Female 40 – 49 yrs
Legend Male / Female 50 + yrs
- Race Number must be worn on the FRONT of your top or shorts, PLEASE ensure your number is visible at all times. If the time keepers can’t see your number then you will not get a result.
- follow the event course markers and pink tape at all times
- where there is an “orange cone” on the course you MUST run within 1 meter of this (that is one large step) anyone seen not running as near as practical to the cone marker will be withdrawn from the results
- at no time are you permitted to run on the road
- there is one road crossing on the Preserve Road, cross at the designated crossing point and follow the directions of the marshal .
- where there is pink tape on the ground DO NOT cross over this
- please no littering anywhere on or off the course, carry your gel wrappers and dispose of them in the event rubbish or recycling bins provided by Smart Environmental at the Event HQ
- There will be water and SOS available at the start/finish. It is recommended that you carry your own fluid and gels, especially if you are entered in the Half Marathon.
- If for any reason you withdraw from the event please let the time keepers or myself know that you are back safely.
Starts at 3:00 pm- Smiths Craft Beer House (upstairs) – 53 Shotover St, Queenstown parking at the the Mann St Parking Building
A stunning out and back course awaits you, be prepared for some exciting off road running with a combination of all of these; single grass tracks, tussock lined trails, elevation both up and down, fast technical single trail through the trees and a few fast flat sections too.
Auckland based freelance photographer Jeremy @purepixel has been commissioned to be event photographer
50% refund up until 1 August 2018, no refunds after this date sorry
Follow SH6 Frankton to Kingston take Jacks Point turn off then follow Maori Jack Road until you see the event signage.
Event Made Possible By the Generous Support of these guys!